Android, Kodi and VPNs...

Discuss Android Based Media Players for KODI
heartofstone
n00b

Android, Kodi and VPNs...

Post by heartofstone » Wed May 25, 2016 6:10 am

Hi Team,
Complete newbee to the android way of life, android media streamers and all things kodi. I had some experience with Kodi through an old sideloaded boxee box but that is the extent of my experience.

So while surfing supermax been trying to get a VPN and or Smart DNS up and running with a N*tflix android app which appears to have several problems. Can someone enlighten me as to the issues with android and VPN's/Smart DNS and the N*tflix app? Is the app region based from the google play store?

This leads me into another question area being the kodi N*tflix addon? Whats required here in terms of VPN/ Smart DNS, what settings does it pick up? if my router has been modified will it pass through to the router DNS?

Any advice, wisdom with regards VPN's and DNS here would be greatly appreciated...

heartofstone

admin
Site Admin

Re: Android, Kodi and VPNs...

Post by admin » Sun May 29, 2016 8:20 am

Hi there!

I believe the issue you are having with NetFlix is not related to your VPN / DNS.
NetFlix only has a select few authorized devices for HD Playback. This means Full HD NetFlix will not work.
Authorized devices such as; samsung galaxy etc

All other Android devices are limited to 480P. So you need to log in to your NetFlix account, and change the settings to "medium" (from memory) - in order for it to work. Those changes may take hours to come into effect.

heartofstone
n00b

Post by heartofstone » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:36 am

Hi Admin,
Is there a netflix addon or the netflix xbmc addon located somewhere is the repo's already loaded in super max?

Thanx

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:52 am

Hi!
If you go to the "programs" menu, underneath there is a green icon called "addon installer".
You can use the search function for "netflix", and you can download and install the netflix addon through there :)