Suggestions for Upcoming Build Release(s)

Want to see something new in our Builds? Let us know :)
guido.celani
Apprentice

Post by guido.celani » Thu May 26, 2016 5:13 am

Before you release your monthly build update, wanted to ensure if you will be including the following in the next or future updates:

1. Meta Search - Talked about a lot within the Kodi Communities at the moment and a lot of discussions on YouTube from Husham and DaButcher on this

2. Evolve Addon - I have added this to the April Build Release and it's great, similar to Phoenix

3. Rivedila7 Addon (LA7) - Another Italian related Addon I have added to the April Build Release - Great for Live and Replay

Regards - Guido

admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for Upcoming Build Release(s)

Post by admin » Fri May 27, 2016 12:40 am

Hi Guido,
1) Meta Search - unfortunately not compatible... Seems to work with Kodi 16 & above.
Kodi 16 is not stable for Android, we are using a custom 15.2 release

2) Evolve = yes already added :)

3) La7 - we had this one in the past but removed it because not enough room for it on the Italian homescreen... We added a new Italian app, really good one, you will like it.
If you still need La7, will add it to the next update, as its too late now :( Sorry!

guido.celani
Apprentice

Post by guido.celani » Fri May 27, 2016 2:02 am

1) Meta Search - unfortunately not compatible... Seems to work with Kodi 16 & above.
Kodi 16 is not stable for Android, we are using a custom 15.2 release
<guido.celani> For Android, then you should use SPMC Fork of KODI (V 16.3.0) which is really stable with Android and is specific for Android

2) Evolve = yes already added :)
<guido.celani> Great - Thanks for the response

3) La7 - we had this one in the past but removed it because not enough room for it on the Italian homescreen... We added a new Italian app, really good one, you will like it.
If you still need La7, will add it to the next update, as its too late now :( Sorry!
<guido.celani> Thanks for the Response and will add myself when May Build Update Release comes available. Looking forward to the New Italian App. BTW: When will the May Build Release Update be available for Windows - Opened this morning, and noticed that the Windows Version of Build Installation was not present and also many of the Country Addon Packs has "Under Maintenance"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 27, 2016 3:58 am

Hi Guido!

<guido.celani> For Android, then you should use SPMC Fork of KODI (V 16.3.0) which is really stable with Android and is specific for Android
SPMC no longer supports RockChip based devices, and only supports specific chipsets such as the NVIDIA Shield. Meaning a lot of devices will not work properly. 15.2 is the most stable version for Android at present. Super fast, fluent, no crashing, no video codec issues & working a treat. We use a custom 15.2 mixed with SPMC & KODI, we are super happy with it. The version number is nothing but a number :) Stable>number. The "Meta Search" addon is the first addon I have come across that only works with 16 & above. Really the dev's fault. Probably because the dev is apart of the Official KODI team, and they expect everyone to be using Windows or Linux. They lost their main/only Android developer about 6 months ago.

<guido.celani> Thanks for the Response and will add myself when May Build Update Release comes available. Looking forward to the New Italian App. BTW: When will the May Build Release Update be available for Windows - Opened this morning, and noticed that the Windows Version of Build Installation was not present and also many of the Country Addon Packs has "Under Maintenance"
Update is available now :) Country Layout packs (other than Vietnamese) are still under maintenance, and will be fully complete by tonight, tomorrow, or sunday at max. (will do Italian first and keep you posted).
As for Windows version, please contact me via PM.

guido.celani
Apprentice

Post by guido.celani » Fri May 27, 2016 5:14 am

Sent you PM in FB :) Awaiting your response
Guido

cathode_anode
n00b

Post by cathode_anode » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:19 pm

I use the the meta search works on android, its a fork called 'MetalliQ' and is awesome!

CaptainZero
Apprentice

Post by CaptainZero » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:31 am

Hi all, noobie and old hippie just starting on streaming. Apologies if this has been disussed previously but as the streaming is rather uncensored, has any thought been given to a child appropriate streaming package becoming available at some stage?
Please forgive my tech ignorance if this is would be too difficult or expensive to achieve, however it would great alternative to what is available on free to air and pay TV.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 am

CaptainZero wrote:Hi all, noobie and old hippie just starting on streaming. Apologies if this has been disussed previously but as the streaming is rather uncensored, has any thought been given to a child appropriate streaming package becoming available at some stage?
Please forgive my tech ignorance if this is would be too difficult or expensive to achieve, however it would great alternative to what is available on free to air and pay TV.
I believe the current package is child appropriate,, unless they dig deep and search for adult content :lol:
We never include adult addons inside our packages, even when requested.
However, some important addons may have adult content within them.. I guess you can disable the ones you find that you think are inappropriate.

We do plan to make a new package that's just for movies & tv shows - without live tv/sports/foreign content etc - so if it is movies & TV shows that you are after - then this package will be good for you

CaptainZero
Apprentice

Post by CaptainZero » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:34 am

Thanks for the reply and yes overall the package is great, however adult stuff is still there without looking too hard even with filtering, Navi-extreme is a good example (now disabled), anyway you are quite right we can always disable what we dont want to watch.

Look forward to the new package.

Alm3820
n00b

Post by Alm3820 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:48 am

Also looking forward to the new simple package as I only want tv and movies and have been hesitant to use the wizard as I don't want to be bogged down with a hundred apps for international tv/sports/kids etc. any idea when it will be out?